Friday, July 31, 2009

You try to do something nice...


So this morning I take Ethan to his doctor's appointment, we get Krispy Kreme donuts (their new coffee cake thing is amazing, side note) and we head to get our hair cuts. A special treat for Ethan, who likes the Aveda smelly stuff, but has only been to Great Clips, etc.

Forget all of the nice things I said about Aveda yesterday- I'm never going to the school in Portland again. We walk in, they look at us and say that they can't take both of us because that would leave Ethan unsupervised while I get my hair done-even though our appointments were scheduled for the exact same time. He's 8, not 4, and he doesn't run around and get in anyone's way- he sits and plays his Nintendo DS when he's waiting for something. I understand this is a safety/liability issue, however, I could have been notified of this policy WHEN I MADE THE APPOINTMENT. Or, when they called to confirm, especially since I told the girl that he was 8 when I set it up to begin with. What made it more irritating was that they had put us right next to each other ANYWAY. How is that not being supervised if I'm sitting right next to him? Confused. Then to top it of, one chick there was making an effort to help, but she appeared new, and the other girl there was so incredibly rude and snotty.

I have been going to Aveda schools for 13 years. 13 years. Not just the year or so that the one here in Portland has been open. I am appalled at the treatment we received.


That being said, the people at PAUL MITCHELL'S Portland training facility were more than accomodating. They took us both in, we sat right next to each other, and I even had my cut done by the most senior instructor there, not even a student. Next time any of us need a cut, I know where we will be going. I fully intend on writing letters (or emails) to both schools-one a glowing thank you, the other one that I would be very upset to receive if it were my staff in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment