Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ahhh, the joys of Potty Training...


And so begins another child... here I thought I was done after Ethan was born, and then Xavier came along...

I don't necessarily MIND potty training in and of itself - when we are at home, or at Grandma and Grandpa's - or some other relative/friend's house. They usually don't mind when he is running around in his underwear and keeping a dry supply in the bathroom while we are there. Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't necessarily go for a two year old little boy running around with Elmo or Bob the Builder, or Optimus Prime on his butt! I can only imagine the looks I would get... What I do hate are "accidents" in public... if we could just potty train them all at home and then get a detailed map as to where every bathroom is within every building in the city that you live in, that would be GREAT!

There are so many books, videos, websites, etc., out there that talk about what to do and half of them are contradictory. It's been 6 years since I've done this, and honestly, I wouldn't mind some reminders, but at the same time different things work for different kids. For example, the Cheerios thing didn't work with Ethan, and I don't think it will work very well with Xavier either, but other people swear by it.

I suppose this is the point that I attempt to search around for "irregulars" at the outlets so I don't have to spend a fortune on a ton of undies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment