Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Goals


After doing Bridge Pedal this weekend... I have decided to train for the Seattle to Portland ride next July. Am I nuts? I have nearly a year to prepare and I really hope to accomplish this.

Earlier in July, we happened to be heading downtown on the second day of the ride. I looked around and saw all of these people - young, old, short, tall, men, women, thin, not-so-thin... they all DID IT!! I couldn't believe how jealous I was that they were able to do this. I anticipate some very hard work - and a fairly decent amount of money... I need a different bike - right now I have a Schwinn Cruiser, which is great for training, really. It only has five gears and weighs a TON so I have to work a lot harder that some of these guys that are riding around on their racing bikes... man, will they be shocked when I smoke them next July!

The other cool thing is that my dad has agreed to do it with me... I better finish before him. :) Over the next few months, in addition to my normal posts, you will also begin to find training updates and things that I am learning as I train for this event. I am very excited for this, and I am very excited to have a goal to work towards. For the last few months, I have been kind of floating along aimlessly due to the lack of a job. Hopefully, I will be able to score that part-time gig at REI so I can have time to train, but also, maybe ... a discount on gear?

Here's to a great (and safe!) ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment