Saturday, August 15, 2009

Training Week 1

So, in addition to (still) looking for a job, playing maid, chef, and chauffeur, this has also been my first training week. 3 days of riding, 1 day of hard cardio, 2 days of yoga/pilates/stretching, and 1 day off with just stretching.

I'm tired.

I did, however, manage to score some SWEET deals at goodwill, including: a brand new pair (tags still on) of padded shorts and a pair of Pearl Izumi cycling shoes that are great for off season (a little heavy for actual racing)... For $16. For BOTH!!! I love saving money on gear because then I can turn around and put that into the bike!

It has been great eating whatever I want (virtually) all week long. I certainly don't need to lose any weight, so I need to make sure I'm taking in more than I'm expending... Good thing I really like bread and pasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admit, I don't know what your workout regimen was before, so I don't mean for this to sound condescending. It's great that you've set a goal. Very admirable.

While it's great that you're attacking the S2P with gusto, I'm concerned that you might burn out or injure yourself.

30 miles is a long distance to ride if you're just starting out. And have you read about "cadence" and pedaling techniques? If you're pushing too hard, you might destroy your knees. Just saying.

I know it doesn't look it, but I did race back in the day. If you have questions or need assistance looking at bikes, lemme know. I'd be glad to share! See ya!

Post a Comment