Thursday, March 11, 2010

Number One...

I have a few different things to talk about today, and I'm going to do them individually, simply because it is easier for me to organize my thoughts...

The first thing for me to bring up is Xavier's speech therapy. We have been going to Portland State University's Speech and Audiology Clinic for just over a year now. We have been exceedingly happy with the results that we have gotten, and all of the grad students we have worked with have been great (a big thanks to Lisa, Emily, Mago, Jillian, and Sally)... interested in learning more? Check them out here. I know they also welcome financial contributions. Just because they are part of a University doesn't mean that they necessarily get everything that they need or deserve!
The second thing related to PSU is SALLY! Oh my gosh... this girl is absolutely amazing. Xavier has decided that he cannot have another speech clinician. EVER. So, today I talked to Ellen Reuler (our advisor) about having her again next term if possible... we gave Sally her "end of term" present on Tuesday, so today, Sally had presents for us (which was completely unnecessary). She very offhandedly says, "oh and the beads on the necklace are from the orphanage I started in Africa" I'm sorry... WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Here are some of the kids...



Here is Sally with more of the kids...

After finding this out... I encourage anyone who might read this to check them out on their website... it really is an amazing story and well worth a looksee - either on their site or on Facebook - their group is Musana Children's Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment